Thursday, February 18, 2010


OUCH!
So here's the deal: I fell down our stairs almost a month ago. I started out in the boot (the big black thing in the back, right)! and have now moved on to the air cast for a severe sprain. The doc is worried about my arches falling - YIKES! So I get to wear that cast for up to 3 months. Then upon viewing my x-ray's they have discovered I have massive heel spurs in addition to the already diagnosed plantar fasciitis. So the other boot-looking thing is called a night splint. I wear that every night rotating which foot I put it on. It is not very comfortable and I am not supposed to walk on it. This is impossible! Duke is NOT sleeping and I am up every hour helping him (teeth, ear infection, younameit...). The doctor also hated my shoes and told me to buy some good ones. Jayme and I went straight to the athletic shoe store and purchased my shiny, new, $100 (really not too bad) Asics brand shoes. I have worn them everyday, with everything except for three hours on Sunday for church! (Jayme wants me to, but I refuse.)
So, you ask, how I am feeling? ...Worse than before! My feet ache and they wont give me any pain meds!!! It is hardest first thing in the morning and walking down the stairs. I am hoping this is a "no pain no gain" thing, but OUCH!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Crazy! You will have to have surgery because you have a lot of life left in you :)